Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Resolutions Revisited

Already May. Where is the time going? How is the year already one third of the way over?!

First of all, happy Cinco de Mayo!
Time to check in on the resolution front...

Let me go ahead and say a blanket statement that I feel like I am failing miserably at all my resolutions this year. Which is very unlike me. Usually if I plan things out meticulously on my Excel spreadsheet, I am good about following it out. But I may have overestimated this year!

Financial
1. Put $x in savings.
It's coming. Slowly, but surely. Although at this rate, I don't know if I'm going to reach my goal. I may have been a little ambitious...
2. Pay off $y of loans.
Ugh! These are never-ending. Loans are the bane of my existence! And I am behind, which is even more annoying. I checked on things this morning and I am at about 23% of my goal, which means I am 10% behind. I have a lot of catch up to do... 
3. $z monthly cash budget.
I am actually doing pretty well at this one. After the learning curve of online stuff at the beginning of the year, I have gotten into a pretty good rhythm. I still need to cut down on spending though. *See above.

Mental/Professional
1. Read 20 books.
I'm on book 11 (and 12) right now. Ahead of goal! I love reading at night before bed. And I read real books so it helps cut down on screen time before bed. I have also been carrying a book around with me in my purse so I can read while I'm waiting instead of playing on my phone.
2. Attend a conference.
It's coming up in June!
3. Choose a research topic.
I have not done this yet. And I'm not as excited about it as I was when the year started. But I do still think I want to do it. I have written about how much I miss school and that I'm thinking about going back and taking some classes so maybe that will help get my mental juices flowing more.

Emotional/Personal
1. Travel.
Nothing yet, but it is all still in the works. I did just find out that my parents are going to Costa Rica in a few weeks. My mom invited me to go (perks of being the only single child), but they are going in like 3 weeks and literally just booked the trip so it's not going to work out. Too bad. I would have loved to tag along, but I guess my parents will have to go alone.
2. Be a better friend.
I am working on it. I really am. Random acts of kindness are the first step. I am also planning a girls night in/out in a few weeks. I need a good girls night!
3. Be selfish.
This is getting a little better. I have been to the therapist once and have plans to go again next week so that's step 1, right?

Physical
1. Work out 4 times a week.
Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with this very well. Probably because I know that I haven't been doing it as much as I should. I think I am averaging about 3 times a week though so I'll take it- for now!
2. Run 300 miles.
At the end of April, I was at 110. 10 miles ahead of schedule! I need to reconfigure my day though because yesterday when I got off work it was 86 and sunny and I had no motivation to sweat it out so I think morning runs are going to be a must. Wake up call just got earlier...
3. Train for and run a half marathon.
Nope! Oops! But I'm still planning on it. I need to get on that. Goal for this week! Hold me to it!

Spiritual
1. Create a prayer board.
Finished! Check it out here.
2. Memorize scripture.
I am getting better at it. I have been using SheReadsTruth which emails out a daily devotional, but also sends out a weekly scripture memory so it has helped hold me accountable some. And the weekly scripture goes with the devotionals from throughout the week which is nice that everything is tied together.
3. Find a church home.
I am on church 3, which means I am a little behind, but going out of town and stuff has thrown things off schedule a little bit. I am working on it though. There are some things that I have really liked about the places I have visited and am still searching, so we'll see. I'm ready to be finished with this so that I can get plugged in and feel committed somewhere, but I don't want to rush it either...

So there you have it: my resolution update.
How are your New Year's Resolutions going?

No comments:

Post a Comment