Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Flood

Remember that time my house flooded? No, not that time. The other one.

Yep, that's right. The house flooded. Again. Although not nearly as bad. Last night, I was lying in bed about to turn off my light and fall asleep when I hear  knock on my door. My roommate comes in and tells me to come downstairs because there is water everywhere. Apparently, my other roommate had tried (unsuccessfully) to do a load of laundry. I went downstairs to find water in the laundry room and bathroom and into the closet. It was on the wood and some of the insulation was wet. So we cleaned everything up, threw out the ruined insulation and went to bed.

I had done 2 loads of laundry that morning with no problems. Turns out they had unplugged things to move them around and "forgot" to reconnect. I was at work when they got there the next day, but my roommate told them about what happened. They apologized, but said that everything was dry and they didn't have to redo anything or bring the fans back in. Praise God! So we are back on track and hopefully finished with floods forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment