Friday, May 1, 2015

InstaFriday


One of my New Year's resolutions is to be a better friend. Clearly I am not doing so hot at it...


One day at work last week, I grabbed a Diet Coke in the lounge. Then I saw that it said this. This is just some funny joke I'm sure. Thanks, Diet Coke! I would love to share with my soulmate. Do you also come with a crystal ball that tells me who that is...? But on the bright side, guess who didn't have to share!?


So this happened. One night around 2:30, my roommate got up to go to the bathroom. She walked out of her room and felt water. When she opened the bathroom door, the toilet had been running and water was everywhere. It sounded like it was raining. She ran downstairs to check and water was pouring down through the ceiling into the laundry room and downstairs bathroom! She woke my other roommate up and they turned off the water and then cleaned up as much as they could. The next day ServicePro came out and set up 16 of these huge, loud fans and 3 dehumidifiers. The fans ran constantly for about 72 hours. A plumber came and fixed the toilet. We have no idea how long it had been running and if she hadn't gotten up when she did, it could have caused a lot more damage. Insurance has been out to evaluate. Next step is to get a contractor to come out and get an estimate on the damage. It's been a crazy week! I keep talking about wanting to buy a house, but home ownership is stressful!


I just had to! #sorrynotsorry But for real, I have seen this all over social media yesterday. Is this just a Memphis thing? Please tell me that people do this everywhere!


And speaking of Memphis things... the Grizzlies beat the Trailblazers in the series 4-1 and are moving on to play the Wizards! There is just something about Memphis during playoff season. It's magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment