Monday, May 11, 2015

Mom's Day

You thought this was going to be about Mother's Day post, didn't you? Nope! Well kind of, but today is my mom's birthday!

It was a weekend full of celebrations and I'm breaking them up some to post about them. This post would probably have been very different if I had prewritten it, but last night my mom sent me an email. That's all I'm going to say, but if you know about our relationship, you can infer what you will. All that to say (or hint at the fact) that I'm writing this the morning of (I took off work today) and the feel of this is very different than it would have been if I had written it before bed last night.

Anyway, that was a lot of superfluous information. Sunday was a good day. My brother-in-law went out early to get bagels for breakfast. They all went to church early and my mom and I stayed home longer, drank coffee and ate bagels, and watched some Good Morning, America pieces on mothers. It was a peaceful morning. Then we got ready for church and met the rest of the family. If you know my family at all, you know that- aside from me- they are not big planners so after church we were trying to figure out where to go eat. My mom initially said brunch so my brother-in-law called a place and put our names on the list. My mom and I got there first. She walked inside, looked around, and walked back out. It was not at all what she wanted. So she switched it up to lunch and we called around to some different restaurants that weren't doing special reservation only seating.

We ended up at Wild Ginger, an asian fusion restaurant, and it was delicious! They actually did have a special brunch menu and we ate amazing food and drank mimosas. After lunch, we went back to my sister's and put the girls down for a nap then my mom, sister, and I sat on the porch and talked. Super casual, but relaxing. We talked about going somewhere but no one had the energy.


Eventually it was time to get on the road. We said our goodbyes and headed west. I don't know what the plan is today. My mom has to work, but maybe I'll see if she wants to meet up on a patio somewhere for drinks after work!


Mom, thanks for loving me and for always being there for me. You're the best! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment