Thursday, May 7, 2015

Night of Worship

This has been a hard week at work. I feel like I am running a hospice service right now. I have had 2 patients die this week (both expected) and I have a few more that are on the brink of it. I know I have talked about this before, but death is so emotionally draining. Thankfully all these patients and their families know and have accepted it. My focus now is to keep them comfortable. But going into one patients room after another talking about cancer and comfort and death is hard!

So I left work tired and decided to go to a Night of Worship at a local theatre. *Side note: This is the same theatre where I played Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol in 3rd grade. It was a lot smaller than I remember!

But we were all in the theatre for an hour for just a time of worship. It was great. Exactly what I needed last night. A time to get the focus off me and just worship. But it made me start thinking about work some and about my patients and about their deaths- and even my own. I worry about my patients often, whether I'm at work or not. I pray for my patients too, but last night I was convicted. I have patients dying- literally daily- and what am I doing about it? So I'm going to work on it. Today is going to be better!

"And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore "

What is God putting on your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment