Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Moving...

Nope. Not the way you think. Just moving boxes.

I talked briefly about how our toilet upstairs overflowed one night while we were sleeping. They brought in fans to dry everything out and then things stalled. Now we are moving on to phase 2 which includes cutting out drywall and tiles and baseboards and carpet. My roommate/owner of the house decided to change the carpet. The carpet we have in the bedrooms now is standard, builder carpet and it shows everything and get dirty so fast! She wants to put in something more durable, which is a great plan, but it means that we are replacing all the carpet and not just the carpet that was damaged. That means that my previously untainted sanctuary bedroom is getting a makeover.

I know that it will be great when it's finished, but in the meantime, it is a pain! Because they are replacing the carpet, everything has to be off the floors. They are going to move all the furniture themselves, but I had to box up all the picture frames and small, fragile things. So I spent my Saturday cleaning, organizing, and boxing my room up.


We moved as much as we could down to the living room, which is pretty much the only room that was not affected. It now houses boxes from my room, the coat closet, the pantry, the laundry room, and the bathroom.


Then the contractor came and closed off the kitchen so that we could use part of it and not get dust everywhere!


Demolition started yesterday. They ripped up part of the carpet, but my room is still safe- for now. But the upstairs bathroom and the half bath downstairs are totally unusable! They are estimating everything will take about 3 weeks. It's going to be crazy! It will be an adventure. And all this packing has forced me to do some Spring cleaning and purge a lot of things I don't need. I'm going for a minimalistic vibe... I'm trying to be optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment