Monday, April 20, 2015

Resolution Fail

I am doing fairly well at all my resolutions but there are 2 that have been epic failures so far... Being selfish and being a good friend. I decided that I had to do something about it. Both of them. So I made an appointment with a therapist. It's tomorrow actually. Wish me luck! I have already written out on an index card what I want to say to her because I know that once I get there I will mentally freak out and try to talk myself out of everything that I need to say. So instead I'll be the nerd that reads from a card! Ha!

So therapy is my initial attempt at being selfish. I am also failing miserably at being a good friend. I get so trapped in my own head and my own routine and then all of the sudden, I take a moment to breathe and look around and realize that I'm kind of sucking! I'm thinking about planning a fun girls night to just get some friends together and eat and talk and laugh and just be girls. I need that!

In another attempt to improve, I have started random acts of kindness. It is a way to not only say, "Hey. I'm thinking about you!" but it takes my mind off me! I decided to do 2 random acts of kindness each week. One for a friend and one for a stranger.

Sometimes the friend gift is just a card to let them know I'm thinking about them and I appreciate their friendship even if I suck at showing it sometimes. Other times it is a small gift that reminds me of them or that I think will make them smile. I went on a mini shopping spree one day for some fun basics...


Like baskets.


And candy. Candy makes great filler.


Then I got out some stationary to write cards. 

really like Sharpies. Don't judge!

I have delivered a few...



But still have some some odds and ends ready to go that I can't show. Don't want to spoil the surprise! I have also been shopping some more and maybe ordered an item or 2 off Etsy! Can't wait to deliver some more!

For the stranger random acts, I like to switch it up. Some of my favorites are to go through the drive-through and pay for the person behind me or pick up some gift cards at Kroger and leave them in random locations (Bus stops are always a good go-to spot)


Anyone else ever done any fun random acts of kindness? What did you do? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment