Monday, April 27, 2015

A Few Last Things

I saw this on another blog a while ago, but I can't remember where and now I can't find it. Oops!

But without further ado, here are a few last things...

Last really delicious meal I enjoyed:
Honestly, I can't even remember and that means that it has been far too long since I have had a really delicious meal. Anyone want to take me out?  I'm thinking Flight. Or Second Line. I'm not picky!

Last time I felt nervous:
I'm sure there are lots of these to choose from, but I am going to say going to therapy. My nervousness was not from what I would think about her or how she would feel about me or even how the actual therapy session would go. I was nervous that I would be too much in my head and that I wouldn't say what I actually needed to say (That's why I wrote it down). And it actually went better than I thought it would.

Last big thing I splurged on:
Seriously, I don't even know. Little splurge? Probably my bimonthly manicures, but I just love the relaxation and pampering. My last big splurge? Maybe my solo trip to the beach because I just needed to get away. Speaking of, that was amazing! I need to do it again!


Last family vacation I took:
My family usually takes a trip to the beach every summer. Last year, we went down to Florida for a week and did a whole lot of nothing! There was lots of relaxing and reading and swimming and talking and eating and drinking. And daily workouts. Because that's what my family does!


Last time I was moved to tears:
2 weeks ago, one of the pastors at my church unexpectedly passed away. He was 32, with a wife and 3 young children. Last Sunday at church, there was a memorial service for him. We sang some of his favorite songs and then someone spoke about his last few tweets (which focused on Philippians 1:21 "To live is Christ; to die is gain" and that "For those who don't know Jesus this life is the best it will ever get. But those who do know Him this life is the worst it will ever get!") and then opened up the floor for people to share stories. I cried. A lot. Then his wife stood up to speak. Wow! It was powerful. His legacy is amazing! She reminded us to make much of Jesus. Because God is good. Always. No matter what.

Last time I was wrong:
Wrong? What's that? Just kidding! I'm wrong all the time. About directions. And times. And everything in between.

Last person I missed:
No comment ;)

Last blog/IG account I really fell in love with:
I wrote a while ago about some of my favorite bloggers. The list has changed some. Some of them don't blog anymore and some I just don't read anymore. I have also added some more to the list. But if I had to list narrow it down to one true love... well I just couldn't do it. I'll go with 2. Jeannett Gibson blogs at LifeRearranged and posts pics of her precious kiddos @jeannettg. I wrote about her in the last post, but she is a supermom! The other is Glennon Melton, aka Momastery. She's on IG with the same name. You may have read her book or seen her TED talk. She is hilarious and encouraging! I think the thing that I love about both of these women that keeps me coming back is how real they are. They don't only show the perfectly polished life on the internet. They show the real stuff- the messy, hard, brutiful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment