Thursday, April 23, 2015

Six Month Challenge, Revisited

No, I am not doing another six month challenge! But you may have noticed that I added some pages at the top of the page and one of those pages is about the six month challenge. As I was setting up the page, I was reading back on the posts. I was surprised by a couple things. 1. I wasn't a very good writer. Hopefully I have gotten better. 2. I still know what was going on at the time, but I didn't give a lot of information or details and 3. I shared a lot of emotions and pure rawness. It was all super emo and angst-y.

I read through them thinking about how much I have changed and other times thinking, "Why the hell do you still do that?" If I were going to write my memoir, it would be called My Life on Repeat, so I don't know why I'm so surprised, but it's still frustrating sometimes.

So I went to my first therapy session on Tuesday. It was actually really good. It went a lot better than I expected. She made me feel comfortable and I actually opened up more than I thought I would. So cheers to growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment