Friday, April 17, 2015

InstaFriday


National Sibling Day was last week so I had to show a little sibling love to my sister and brother. They're alright! :)


Hillary and I spent another fabulous evening at the zoo for the Wild World of Wine and Beer. We tried some great wines and ate some delicious food. At the beginning of the night, they give you a cup to carry around with you all night. Each station pours about 2 ounces to sample. That doesn't seem like much until you think about the fact that there were 10 stations. And we went to some more than once to try some different wines...


My nieces FaceTime'd me while I was at the zoo. I was right in the middle of looking through the silent auction that featured a lot of artwork done by the animals! I walked around and talked to the girls and showed them how talented the elephants, sea lions, and orangutans were!


The next morning was a little rough and I spent some time being super lazy! Then I forced myself to get up and go to the gym. I tried a TRX class for the first time. If you've never tried it, it is a suspension training workout that uses your body weight. And it is intense! If side planks with hip dips weren't enough for you, stick your feet in some ropes and add the element of balance to it. My obliques were sore for days after that! #hurtsogood

Last night, I went to the Young Life Taste of Memphis event. It is a fundraiser for Memphis Urban Young Life. They had delicious food from restaurants all around Memphis as well as a silent auction. All the food was small bites so I didn't realize how much I had eaten until I was so full! And then I still sampled the Tennessee Whiskey gelato! Things I did not do: take any pictures. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment