Saturday, September 28, 2013

Take 2

Remember when everyone on facebook was doing those "25 things you don't know about me" forever ago? Well, I just found mine. From February 7, 2009. So I thought it would be fun to revisit it. See how much things have changed and if there is anything worth adding (which there probably isn't). So here it goes, 4 years later...

1. I have an obsessive compulsive personality but I don't have OCD. I have a to do list for everyday. it currently goes to july 18th. it has everything on it--including making my bed and brushing my teeth. I like to cross things off. my underwear is folded and color-coded. I can't help it. it makes things more efficient.
haha! yes, I most certainly do still have an obsessive compulsive personality. In some ways, it's gotten even worse. And then the pendulum swings between obsessions and compulsions. Compulsions are okay. I can play them off as cute quirks, but the obsession are what keep me up at night. Blah!

2. I don't understand music. I just don't have an ear for it. I don't own an ipod. I've never bought a cd. I've only recently started to really like it...
I will say now that I like music. So that's an improvement, right? But I still don't have any music or anything. The radio has free music. Why do I need to pay for it? And as far as who sings which songs... don't even ask me! I care about what's going on in my friends' lives, but why do I need to know what is happening in celebrities lives that I don't know? On that note, I couldn't tell you which Kardashian is which...

3. it takes me a long time to open up to people. I don't let people in very much. this usually makes people think I'm shy--until they get to know me.
Truth. I would like to think that this has gotten better, but I don't know if is has or not...

4. I hate capitalizing things. I don't know why. I just don't like the way it looks.
4a. when I type parentheses I type the open and closed ones first then go back and type inside.
I do capitalize things now. See, I can change. But I do still do the parenthesis thing ()

5. I drink because I like the taste. I have never been drunk. I don't like the idea of not being in control. I do enough stupid things sober.
I have control issues. I am working on them. (Not by getting drunk. Just in general.) But yes, I do enough stupid things sober that I don't need the help of alcohol.

6. I am sensitive to a fault. I think I cry more than the average person. probably about once a week. because I keep a wall up, most people don't know. I am more compassionate than some people think.
There's no think about it. I definitely cry more than the average person. And it may be more than once a week. But I'm okay with it. I think as my walls are slowly coming down, more people know about it though.

7. I LOVE memphis basketball! I wear blue on game days. I can't watch the games sitting down. watching basketball takes me back to cheerleading days...
I am not quite as fanatic as I was in 2009, but I do still love memphis basketball and may have gotten in one or 2 relationship arguments about my need to drop everything and watch a game. Oops!
8. I love learning. I love being in school. I am a huge nerd and I’m okay with it.
Still 100% true. It's kinda weird to think that I haven't been in any sort of school in 3 years. Some ideas running through my head include getting my doctorate or going back and getting a second degree in something totally random (maybe math). I've also thought about subbing on my off weeks just so I can get back in the classroom.

9. there are things about me that no one knows. not a single person. that makes me sad.
I am working on it. I am opening up more. I'm really trying.  But this one is still true. There are still things that no one knows...

10. Kanakuk is one of the greatest places on earth. it has been a part of my life since 1995. I can’t imagine not being there this summer. I have been so blessed to serve alongside the most amazing guys and girls ever. I hope they know how much they mean to me.
I haven't been to kamp in 5 years. That's crazy! I still miss those early morning mutt-n-maids that ended with hours at the lake, the deep conversations that took place while washing dishes, moments of escape in the walk-in freezer, kitchie dock days, having hundreds of guys moo while waiting on their nightly milk, one-on-ones with kampers, game playing during FOB, early morning prayer time with co, and lifelong friendships formed! 

11. I talk to myself--most of the time. one time I was sitting downstairs and my brother came down and asked who else was home. I was just talking out loud.
I still talk to myself all the time. I have thought about recording my conversations that I have while driving so I can go back and listen to it and see if it even makes any sense. Probably not!    

12. I’ve always hated having a summer birthday. it all started august 31, 1992—the first day of first grade. I walked into class and john trussell had the birthday cake hat sitting on his desk. I never got to wear the birthday cake hat. one year, my whole family was out of town—except me. my kids birthdays are going to be hardcore.
100% yes. Birthdays are still a sore spot for me. I'm 27. I should probably get over it. Maybe I will one day. But this year wasn't it. Still hard.

13. I don’t have puppy love crush stories. when I like someone, I fall hard and fast. it causes me to get hurt a lot but it’s also caused incomprehensible joy.
I still sometimes wish that it weren't true. But yeah. Hard. And. Fast. 

14. I am a morning person. I'm more productive in the morning. I like to have time to myself before I have to face the world. for class, I wake up by 5. other days, by 7.
If I had it my way, I would still be a morning person. Insomnia kind of messed things up. But I do like to get up and get things going in the morning. I feel like my whole day is more productive if I can get up and getting going.

15. I've never really known what I wanted to do with my life--until nursing school. now I know that this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.
It's fun to read that. And after working for 3 years now I can honestly say that I still love what I'm doing. Every single day.

16. when I have a problem and I'm upset about it, I don't want someone to tell me that it's going to be okay. I want someone to hug me and say that even if it's not okay, they are going to be there.
Truth! See below about the quality time and physical touch thing. I just want someone to be there. I know things aren't always going to be okay how I picture them to be.

17. I love having new clothes but I hate clothes shopping. many shopping trips have ended in tears and frustration. if I had all the money in the world, I would have a personal shopper to pick things out for me (well first I would get a chauffeur, then a personal shopper).
17a. I like buying things on sale and getting good deals but hate searching through racks or clutter to find them. I like to be able to see what’s available.
Ugh! Shopping is miserable! I seriously hate it and may or may not have cried in the dressing room on more than one occasion.

18. I'm not the person I was in high school. I hate it when people treat me like I am. sometimes I miss high school though... I miss freshman year and backyard burger with the wrestling team. I miss basketball games (the student section just isn't the same anymore). I miss leaving school senior year and hanging out with friends or going to shelby farms until I was exhausted and ready for bed. still, I've grown up and matured.
I'm on the planning committee for my 10-year high school reunion. Wow! How has it been that long? And thankfully, I am not the same person!

19. my love languages are quality time and physical touch. sometimes I think this make me the neediest person ever.
Yes and yes. I want someone hanging out with me and touching me at all times! Or until the introvert comes out and I want to be alone...

20. I am really picky... about clothes, food, boys, everything. I can't help it. I just know what I like. I'm not willing to settle. that being said, I'm scared to death that I will be single forever.
I've never had a pickle, Twinkies, Easy Mac, bologna. I don't really like milk. Or cheese by itself. Cheerios is the only cereal that I eat (or have ever eaten aside from Fruit Loops- without milk). So yes, I guess you could say that I'm still picky. And still not willing to settle. But not scared that I'll be single forever. Maybe I will be. 

21. my extended family is super close. even though my cousins live all over the country-from north carolina to la and up to alaska, we are definitely closer than the average family. it's our moms' fault. they are awesome!
Still super close. For better or for worse. We like to think that we are a mixture of the Walkers from Brothers and Sisters and the Bravermans from Parenthood.

22. no matter what people say and how much I have learned from my mistakes, I have regrets.
Yep. Still have regrets. A lot more than I had in 2009 probably. But I have learned am learning from my mistakes.

23. I love to dance! in public (public being like the grocery store not like on a stage) when music comes on, I feel compelled to dance (even if it's in a commercial). I think that's why I don't understand music for music's sake (see #2) I see music as a beat to dance to. 
Oh yes. I still dance in random, inappropriate places. But not so much in normal places...

24. when I get lonely, I plan my wedding. I don't know why it is. it's almost finished. I'm still waiting on the groom. don't ask me about it. I won't tell.
I have no logical reason for any of this. I just do it. What can I say? I have a problem. I also have 12 wedding boards on Pinterest. Oops! But since super crazy short engagements are the "thing" these days, I guess it works in my favor. Also, I'm kind of a huge wedding critic. I don't mean to be, but it just happens...

25. I wrote this in a word document first. then I revised it and had to cut down to the top 25. then I rearranged them to make sure they were in the right order. I had to make sure there weren't similar ones next to each other. (see #1)
ps. posting this was on the to do list for today.
I did not write this in a word document, but posting it was on the to do list today! Neurotic, but loveable. ha!

2 comments:

  1. 18. You're on the planning committee?!
    21. Best big families ever! They are the only reason I've ever wanted more than two kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diana. You're coming in for it, right? And big families are the best. That's why you should go ahead and start now ;) Don't you want to be pregnant with Sherry and Katie B??

      Delete