Saturday, September 14, 2013

Rep Your Hood

First of all, I didn't mean to not write yesterday. I hung out at home during the day. No big deal. Was going to finish a blog and then post it last night. Then I ran Cooper Young 4-miler, came home, showered, and went out to a party. When I got home and realized it, it was already after midnight. Que sera sera!

Anyway, let me start off by saying that I have always loved Memphis. Seriously. Even before it was trendy. I didn't just jump on the bandwagon. Although if you did just join the ride, welcome! The more, the merrier! But I love it here. This is home. I love that it's big enough to be a city, but small enough where I run into someone I know pretty much anywhere I go.

And today was Cooper Young Fest. One of the many reasons why I love this place. Well technically Cooper Young fest started for me last night at the 4-miler. It's always a fun run. People have parties around the neighborhood and stand in their front yards and cheer people on. I danced and high-fived and leaped through bubbles and had a pretty good time. Even though it wasn't my best run. Not even my best run this week. But hey, you win some and you lose some. And I talked my roommate into running with me so that made it even more fun!

Then today my mom and aunt came over around lunchtime and we walked down to the festival. We were there for over 4 hours walking around, looking at everything. And I am the kid that goes to every booth to see what free stuff I can get and signs up for every raffle so I could win a lot of cool prizes... or not. I also bought a really cool piece of art with different big places in Memphis (FedEx Forum, orpheum, stax, sun studio, etc.) and the artist signed and dated it for me. So, yeah. Pretty cool. If you weren't there, you missed out. But you still have a chance to go to the River Arts Fest in October. In the meantime, explore the city, do something new, act like a tourist, and rep your hood!

No comments:

Post a Comment