Tuesday, September 3, 2013

And I'm Back in the Game

The running game that is. Today is the first official day of unofficial half training, so I thought it was an appropriate time for this post. I have officially started running again. And I love it! Well most of the time...
I love this picture. So true! And sometimes I even like it while I'm doing it. It's a time to just be me. To be alone with my thoughts. Which is usually not a good thing, but for some reason it's okay while I'm running. If you don't already know this I'm a little but cuckoo. I count my paces and know how long I've been running and how far I have to go. It's hard to explain, but it's just a numbers thing... All that to say that I don't like running to music. I know it can help pace, but I end up breaking up my run into 3 1/2 minute intervals (or however long the song is) so I have started to listen to podcasts instead. It's kinda like talking to someone. And I don't know how long it's going so I just keep running! Everyone wins! (And by everyone, I, of course, mean me).

So we'll see how all this goes. So far, I've signed up for a 5k this weekend (that I can't do because of work), Cooper Young 4-miler, and the St. Jude half. I'm sure I'll squeeze a few more races in between those too. Possibly LuvMud, the Tap N Run, and the Turkey Trot. Anyone want to run with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment