Friday, September 27, 2013

Pay Day

Today is pay day. I get paid on my off weeks so it's almost like I get paid for doing nothing. Almost... Until I go back to work on Monday morning and remember what I really am getting paid to do. I have my entire budget on an Excel spreadsheet (like pretty much every other aspect of my life). One pay day, I do absolutely nothing. And it makes me feel like I actually have money. Then the next pay day, I pay all my bills and just like that the money is gone. Today was one of the bill paying days. Rent, utilities, car, loans, credit card, savings. Not fun. Not fun at all.

I get frustrated about my student loans sometimes. They can be a little lot overwhelming! But... look what came in the mail this week:
I mean, this is one loan and I still have 7 to go, but it's a start. And I pay more than the required amount each month because I want to get rid of them as quickly as possible. So I'm paying a lot! Like a ridiculously large amount! Today when I was paying bills, though, it occurred to me how fortunate I am. Yes, I'm paying a lot so that I can get pay off these loans, but I have the extra money to put towards them. I have the money to not only pay what is due, but also to pay an additional amount. And for that I am so thankful! And in 2017 (yep, you read that right) when all 8 loans are officially paid off, I will have a huge party to celebrate!

I'll update and reevaluate both the budget spreadsheet and the loan payoff schedule spreadsheet in January as I'm making New Year's resolutions, so maybe I can get some things paid off a couple months earlier than expected...

No comments:

Post a Comment