Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's a Small World After All

* This was the original post that I had planned for today. Then after a bunch of stuff happened today, I thought about writing a response to singleness. But I decided that I need more time to process, so we're back to this one for tonight...

The blogging world, that is. Or at least most of the blogs I read. And I totally don't fit in. This is more of a me-watching-from-outside-the-window kinda thing. So basically, I'm kind of a peeping Tom. Oops!  I realized this a little while ago when I was reading a post Julia wrote about a weekend trip. I was looking at the pictures and I realized that I knew people in the picture. And by "knew" I mean that I read her blog too. I like when blog friends are friends in real life. Which they weren't. They just set up a blind date from reading each others blogs! Here are the blogs side by side about the trip. Julia's and Leah's. That was my first "It's a Small World" moment.

The second moment came when Katie Bower wrote a blog about her top ten referrers and I already read 7 of them. Naturally, I subscribed to the other 3. If they loved Katie as much as I did, then I would probably like them too. And so far, I do!

I've been meaning to write a post about some of my favorite bloggers (as in, I originally drafted this in February I think), but it is almost finished now and I'll post it tomorrow...

But since it is such a small world, here is what I have learned about bloggers (at least the ones I read. So maybe this is more something I learned about me than about bloggers...): they are moms (usually stay-at-home moms, of multiple kids). They do some photography on the side. They are super cute and super creative. They workout. They sew. They are all a little bit hippy. They use midwives, shop organic, breastfeed, make their own babyfood, and use cloth diapers.

So, like I said before- I don't really fit in. But maybe one day I will. Thanks to my slight OCD, I've already started working on my (somewhat hippy) birthing plan, done some pretty extensive research on bum genies, and looked at the pros and cons of the ergo versus moby wrap. Yep, so my secrets are out. And I'm pretty ridiculous. It's okay. I accept it.

* Update: In August, there was a big bloggers conference in Atlanta that a bunch of my favorite bloggers went to. You can read about their experiences here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment