Thursday, July 9, 2015

House Updates

Time for an update. Because I am still living in a construction zone. Although it is getting better...

I first talked about the fact that the bathroom flooded on May 1. We had them come and bring fans, but didn't do anything about it for a couple weeks because life was crazy. On May 19, I wrote about how we had to move everything out of our rooms so they could work. I posted pictures of the demolition on May 20. A week later, we had walls! I naively seemed excited about the process. Then I house/dog sat for about a month while they continued to work on the house. I came home just in time to be kicked out so they could do the carpet and relay the kitchen floor. I wasn't happy about it.

Now I am back in my house and have been sleeping like a baby in my wonderful bed with nice, new carpet under my feet! But that does not mean that things are finished. No one came last week until Friday. No one. All week. Until Friday. July 3rd. When we were all off work because of the holiday. It was just the painters so they weren't in the way too much. And they couldn't paint everything because there is still work to be done. They were in and out in less than 3 hours. The upstairs bathroom still needs to be painted, baseboards need to be replaced, and there is no door. The hallway and stairs need to be painted. The cabinets in the laundry room were hung too low and need to be fixed so that the laundry room can be painted. And they still need to paint the downstairs bathroom and kitchen ceiling that they couldn't do last week because they still have to fix repairs and patch some stuff.

So basically this entire thing will have taken about 8 weeks when it is all said and done. And it has been so frustrating! No one came for an entire week and there is essentially nothing we can do about it. If we fire them, we would have to go through the entire process again with someone else- if we could even find someone else willing to fix the original work. We are basically prisoners to these construction workers. I'm ready for it to all be over- and also ready to move out! Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment