Monday, July 6, 2015

Work Struggles

Blah! Last week I found out that they are trying to make some changes at work. It is all still up in the air and they don't really know how they are going to change things (as far as I know) but things are going to be different. The short version is that we have been busy and we are only expecting to increase our census and workload so they are trying to figure out the best way to combat that.

Apparently a couple of the docs met with administration last week to talk about some changes and some options for fixes. One of these potential options is for my schedule to go back to 7 days on, 7 days off.

I went through so many emotions about it all on Monday. I was initially overwhelmed. And then excited. Then frustrated. And upset. By the end of the day, I even looked online to see what other jobs were out there.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that schedule when I first started this job and would be willing to go back to it. I would even be excited about it- even though I think it would be very different this time around because they are trying to make more changes than just that. But my frustration came from the fact that a. I don't like change and b. I don't feel like I had a voice or opinion in any of this. I don't know that I would have changed anything at all and I may very well like the new schedule better, but I just wanted my opinion on it to be acknowledged.

I don't know how I'm feeling now. Mostly like I need a vacation. And have bad coping skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment