Friday, July 10, 2015

InstaFriday


This did not actually happen this week. I think it was last week, but the picture is here now... Some friends from Fellowship are moving to Atlanta so Jamie and I went to a going-away party for them. They will definitely be missed!


Last Friday night, Jamie and I ran the last of the MTown series- Stars and Stripes 5K. It was a lot of fun. It had rained off and on all day which had cooled things off, but didn't rain at all for the run. Afterwards, we got food and beer and she got an airbrushed American flag tattoo. They had fireworks afterwards too, but Jamie had to get home to meet some coworkers so we didn't stay for them. But... I did sit out on the front porch later and watch them from my house!


Fourth of July was on Saturday. I went to the first cookout to say hi and make an appearance- and to say bye to some sweet friends that are moving away. Then I ventured out to the suburbs to cookout #2. This was hosted by some new friends from church- that had gotten married the night before! Yes. Craziness. They got married on Friday night, left for their honeymoon Sunday morning and decided to host a Fourth of July party on Saturday. They wanted some extra time with friends from out of town and it was great! They had food left over from the reception and had a bartender.


And... we could see the Germantown fireworks from their house! We walked to the street and watched the fireworks without having to fight traffic and people in the park. Win, win! Afterwards, a few of us put on some music and helped clean up/had a dance party until Amy decided she needed to finish packing and get some sleep so she kicked us out. Such a fun night!


Marc Gasol is staying in Bluff City. Enough said. #gritgrind


My reading list is growing. I have started 3 of these books, which intimidates me a little bit so I think I am going to have to scale back to one (or two) at a time. I need a vacation just to sit around and read. Maybe on the beach...


Some days you need this reminder. I know I do. Our bodies are vessels that can be used to do amazing things. They are tools. But they are not everything!


We didn't have Bible study this week so we decided to have a girls movie night instead. 9 girls. 7 bottles of wine. Pizza, popcorn, cookies. Bridesmaids. Laughter. What more could you ask for?!


Last night, after a great spin workout, I crashed on the couch and caught on Big Brother. Whiskey seemed appropriate. I just bought some more Gentleman's Jack. So smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment