Thursday, January 7, 2016

2015 Resolution Wrap Up

2015 is now long gone so let's see how I did on the resolutions this year...

If you want to catch up: here are my original goals and here are the updates from MarchMayJuly, September, and November.

Financial
1. Put $x in savings.
I didn't do this all year. Seriously, I put zero dollars in savings for 11 months. Then things changed and I may be looking into buying a house earlier than I had initially anticipated. More on that later! But I adjusted some things and ended up putting some money in savings in December and met my goals!
2. Pay off $y of loans.
This one isn't happening. It wasn't happening before, and it definitely wasn't happening after I decided to move some money around. So now I'm trying to figure out my life plan and how to best budget for it. Being an adult is hard work!
3. $z monthly cash budget
Looking back over the year, I actually didn't do too badly with this one. Better than I thought I was going to do after the initial check-ins.

Mental/Professional
1. Read 20 books. Check
2. Attend a conference. Check
3. Choose a research topic.
Check. Although, I didn't do any actual research. At least I chose a topic.

Emotional/Personal
1. Travel.
Check. New Orleans, Gulf Shores, Atlanta, multiple trips to Nashville, and Costa Rica. Now I'm planning some trips in 2016 which just might include Seattle, New York, and Mexico.
2. Be a better friend.
Still working on this one, but I think that as I was more selfish and focused on what I needed to for myself, it made me a better friend and will only continue going forward!
3. Be selfish.
Check- and it has paid off tenfold!

Physical
1. Work out 4 times a week.
I have not been super diligent about recording this, but I would say that I probably averaged 3-4 workouts a week..
2. Run 300 miles.
I ran mile 301 on December 30!
3. Train for and run a half marathon.
The "train" part didn't so much happen, but I ran the St Jude half last month- and already planning my next one!

Spiritual
1. Create a prayer board. Check
2. Memorize scripture.
This probably didn't go as well as I would have liked for it to, but I was definitely in the Word more this year, so I'm counting it as a win.
3. Find a church home. Check

So that's it. 15 resolutions of 2015 and I didn't do too bad. I'm super excited about what's next! Next week, I'm planning to post my reflection on 2015 (if I get it finished) and a look at some goals and resolutions for this year, so stay tuned.

How did you do on your resolutions? Were you able to stick to them all year?

No comments:

Post a Comment