Monday, January 18, 2016

30 x 30: Play the Lottery

Time to cross another item off the list!

In July, when I decided to make the list, I added that I would play the lottery. Not expecting to win anything, but I thought it would be fun. Since I was going to do it anyway, why not when the pot was up to 1.5 billion. I had no idea what I was doing- or even what to ask for. Luckily, there was a line at the gas station so I just got in line and followed their lead.


I didn't select numbers. I just had the computer pick them and hoped for the best. (Okay, not really. I really didn't care at all how this turned out). I bought 2 tickets. They are $2 each, in case you are a lottery virgin like I was. And you have to pay in cash. FYI.


I didn't watch the drawing, because I was already asleep, of course! Why are these things so late?! I did get online and check the numbers in the morning though. In case you have somehow been living in a bubble, I didn't win the jackpot. But... I did match the powerball number which means I won $4. So I broke even and I consider that a win! And I got to cross something else off the 30-by-30 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment