Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas Adventures

I know I'm late, but I'm finally getting around to end-of-the-year things so that I can start new year things.

Christmas was a little different this year than in past years and it was super low-key. I worked Christmas Eve, so my dad and I left Memphis around 3 or 4 to drive up to Nashville. We arrived just as the rest of the family was getting home from Christmas Eve service at church so we all hung out for a little while and then we sat down for dinner. 

My brother and his girlfriend were leaving early the next morning to drive to Kentucky to see her family, so he wanted us to go ahead and open his presents that night while they were there. So we opened a few presents. Then my mom realized her flight left at 9:30 the next morning. (She was going to Seattle to see her mom and all her siblings). We opened the presents from her too. Then we laughed about how bare the tree looked for Christmas morning! After presents, we sat around and talked and answered some trivia before some people started drifting off to sleep (ME!).

The next morning, I woke up and told my mom bye before my dad took her to the airport. When he got back and the girls woke up, we did all of the Santa gifts and then they wanted to play. Between the gifts from the night before and what Santa had brought, they were kind of in overload, so we decided to hang out for a while and let them play and eat some breakfast. Eventually, we got around to opening the rest of the presents.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy. I don't think I changed out of my pajamas for most of the day. That night my sister and I decided to actually get out of the house and we went and saw Sisters. The theatre was packed (mostly for Star Wars), but we got to our seats and made friends with the people around us. The movie was hilarious! And somewhat inappropriate. But hilarious!

The next day was another lazy morning. I drank coffee and snuggled on the couch with the girls while we played with Christmas presents some more. Then it was time for dad and I to get back on the road. When we got to Memphis, I went home, unpacked, and did laundry before getting ready to go out to a little after-Christmas party. It was a fun night just hanging out with friends. And somehow the only photographic evidence I have that Christmas even happened. Ha!

 

After that, it was time to face reality and get ready to head back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment