Thursday, November 5, 2015

Resolutions

Time for another resolution update. It's November. How did that happen?! I feel like I say this every time, but the year really is flying by! This is the last update- the final push before the end of the year- and I'm still slacking. C'est la vie.

If you want to see my progress, here are my original goals and here are the updates from MarchMay, July, and September.

Financial
1. Put $x in savings.
I have been horrible at all of my financial goals. Seriously, it has been an epic fail! Honestly, I have kind of given up on this one all together. Maybe there is a reason Dave says to do them in order. Pay off debt first, then start saving...
2. Pay off $y of loans.
Not there. Trying not to be frustrated or discouraged by it though and to look at all the money that I have paid off. I really am knocking this one off, just not as fast as I wanted to.
3. $z monthly cash budget
I haven't been doing great with the cash part, but I have done a pretty good job about sticking to a budget. Maybe for the next 2 months, I'll go back to cash... Maybe.

Mental/Professional
1. Read 20 books.
I slacked on this one for a while, but I read 2 the week I was in Costa Rica. I'm at 19. One more in the next 2 months- totally doable!
2. Attend a conference. Check!
3. Choose a research topic.
I have it narrowed down to 2. Still trying to make the final decision. Although I have already started thinking about other nerdy things that I want to do. One thing at a time...

Emotional/Personal
1. Travel.
This year, I've been to New Orleans, Gulf Shores, Atlanta, multiple trips to Nashville, and Costa Rica. That's pretty successful, right? Still thinking about maybe trying to get one more trip in this year.
2. Be a better friend.
Eh. Nope. Not great. Still working on it.
3. Be selfish.
If I had written this about a week ago, I would have said that I was doing really badly, but I think that over the past week or so it has improved. I have been selfishly doing what is best for me in certain situations and even though it is super hard, I know it will be worth it- eventually.

Physical
1. Work out 4 times a week.
I have not been recording this religiously, but I have actually been doing it. Not only did I work out 4 days last week, but they were all early morning workouts before work. Success!
2. Run 300 miles.
I'm 9 miles behind schedule- which means that my training has sucked! But I still have total confidence that I will complete this one!
3. Train for and run a half marathon.
St Jude half is in about a month. I haven't been training like I should, but I've been running a little bit. I'm still going to go for it and see how it goes...

Spiritual
1. Create a prayer board. Check!
2. Memorize scripture.
This is going better. Not great, but not awful.
3. Find a church home. Check!

2 more months. We're in the final push. Keep it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment