Monday, November 30, 2015

Winter is Hard

I am super behind on the whole blogging thing. I blame it on the weather- in addition to multiple other factors. But I hate winter, for real! Less daylight and shorter days. Some days have been totally fine. Other days it is an accomplishment just to get out of bed and make it to work. And I celebrate those accomplishments- even if I spend time counting down the hours until I can go home and get back in bed. Winter is hard!

Last weekend, I was having a particularly rough day. It was the culmination of multiple things running through my head. I finally decided that I had to get out of the house. It didn't really matter where I went, but I had to get away. I drove to the river. I would have kept going, but I had to work the next day. So I sat at the river and watched the sunset. I listened to music. And prayed. I asked Jesus to speak to me. And He so faithfully showed up and met me exactly where I was.



I know that it's not going to be easy. I know that there are still going to be hard days- probably lots of them. On those days, I will celebrate the small accomplishments. The blog will get neglected on those days. Friendships will probably suffer. But I'll make it through. I'll survive. And that's worth celebrating!



No comments:

Post a Comment