Thursday, December 3, 2015

Wedding Festivities

I told you I would write about Megan's wedding. It's just taken me a little longer than I expected...

I took off work on Friday and left Memphis early that morning. I drove straight to the bridesmaid's luncheon. It was a lot of fun. The food was delicious and we got to sit around and laugh and relax together, just the girls.


When I left the lunch, I drove to my sister's house. She was going out of town for the weekend and already had a babysitter lined up, but I got to see her for a little while before she got on the road. Then I went to the rehearsal and came back home to freshen up and change clothes before going to the rehearsal dinner. I rented a dress from Rent the Runway, that I loved, and would totally rent it again, but I somehow didn't get any pictures in it. Boo!

Saturday was the big day! I woke up early and hung out with Marlee while I drank my coffee. She had her last soccer game so I went for the beginning of the game before I left to meet the girls for hair and makeup. Being a girl is hard. Ha!



I was in charge of bringing the alcohol. Obvi. I got a box of wine for them and a bottle of Jack for me. The photographers may have made a comment about how I always had a cup in my hand. No big deal!


After we took wedding party pics, they took some family pictures so the bridesmaids took the opportunity to take some selfies!


The wedding was outside. In November. But the weather wasn't too bad and the ceremony was super short. Then we made a quick getaway to take some more pics and bustle Megan's dress.


We were trying to take a group selfie in the elevator when it jerked and surprised us all!


The reception was in a heated tent. The food was delicious and the dancing was a lot of fun. Everyone got into it and had a good time- including her parents.


We took a quick break to cut the cake and eat some cookies before going back on the dance floor for the rest of the night.


At the end of the night, we said bye to the happy couple and watched them ride off into the distance. I went back to my sister's house to sleep and then left early the next morning- after promising that I would see both of my nieces soon. Marlee and I counted down the days until Thanksgiving and then I got on the road!

1 comment:

  1. Wedding season is no less than a gala festive season. My best friend got married last year near Christmas. It was a month full of dance, joy, parties and shopping. Different event space in our city was booked for bridal dinner, engagement, big day, Christmas and reception also. All were more wonderful than the other.

    ReplyDelete