Monday, December 7, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap

The week leading up to Thanksgiving was pretty busy, so I was really looking forward to some time off. My sister and her family came in town on Tuesday night and my brother and his girlfriend drove in Wednesday night. We all met Thursday morning to run the turkey trot. It was a fun race, but it was harder than it should have been. I'll blame it on the unusually hot weather although I don't think that was it.


After the race, I went back home to get ready and then drove out to my parents' house for dinner.


We hung out for a while when I got there. We taught Marlee how to play Go Fish, which she is now obsessed with, and Ansley ended up falling asleep and sleeping through the meal.


It was a small Thanksgiving this year. Usually my aunt and uncle and cousins all come down, but we all did separate things this year so it was just my immediate family this year. It was a different vibe, but it was kind of nice. Because the weather was so beautiful, we decided to eat outside. We ate and talked and just hung out. Then when the sun went down, my dad started a fire and we sat outside even longer.


I spent the night with my parents that night. My brother and his girlfriend left  early Friday morning to drive to New Orleans for a wedding. The rest of the family just hung out and chilled and basically did the exact opposite of Black Friday shopping. Later in the afternoon, my mom and sister went out to run some errands so I was on kid duty. I encouraged them to come snuggle with me, which led to this...


My sister had to work on Saturday so she and my brother-in-law drove back late Friday afternoon. The girls stayed. My mom took them to see The Good Dinosaur and then I met them at Las Delicias for dinner afterwards.


After dinner, we decided to go see some Christmas lights and then took them to Starry Nights.


It was sprinkling off and on and it was still early so there wasn't much of a crowd. It was a perfect night!


We drove around and looked at the lights, then we stopped over in Mistletoe Village to let the girls get out and look around- and take their picture with Santa.


Such a fun night! My mom drove them back to Nashville the next day, but it was a great, relaxing weekend with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment