Thursday, September 3, 2015

Another Update on the Year

Every time it's time to do an update on my New Year's Resolutions, I realize how much I am slacking on my goals. Majorly failing! Here are my original goals. And here are the updates from May and July.

Financial
1. Put $x in savings.
No. Just no. I have been horrible about this one. I've been focusing on paying off my loans. But according to Dave Ramsey, I am supposed to pay off all my debt before I start saving anyway so I'm going to pretend like this is okay...
2. Pay off $y of loans.
Still the bane of my existence! And I still feel as if I'm never going to get them paid off. I think that I'm at about 55% of my goal, which means I am 12% behind. Which also means that I won't meet my goal. But I'm trying to be optimistic and think about how much I have actually paid off this year. Slow and steady...
3. $z monthly cash budget.
I have been pretty bad about keeping up with my budget, so it's actually hard to say, but I think that it's going alright.

Mental/Professional
1. Read 20 books.

I've read 17. I've been slacking a little lately. And I am semi-reading 3 right now. I'm not great at reading multiple books at one time though so I may need to slow down and pick one to read before moving on the others. If you have any good book suggestions though, send them my way!
2. Attend a conference. Done!
3. Choose a research topic.
I'm pretty sure that I have one chosen, but I haven't actually done anything about it. I haven't started any research or anything. Just picked a topic. I'll share it later...

Emotional/Personal
1. Travel.

I went to New Orleans for the conference. And had a long weekend in Gulf Shores. Still trying to plan a trip to Costa Rica, and maybe to Seattle now that my brother is moving there!
2. Be a better friend.
I think that I am getting better at this. Seeing this just reminds me that I need to try to make some plans to meet up with people. Or at least send a text to check on them. But I still stand by what I said last time: doing things is hard! #introvertproblems
3. Be selfish.
Again okay, but not great. I am still working on me and I think that my coping skills are actually improving! 

Physical
1. Work out 4 times a week.
Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with this as well as I should have, but I have been trying to get to the gym as much as I can. And I've been getting in some runs too. Work has been busier than usual (especially with students) so I have been getting out later than I would like and haven't always made it to the gym when I wanted. But last week, I woke up early and went before work and we have had surprisingly mild weather for August in Memphis so I have been able to get some runs in after work without dying of a heat stroke.
2. Run 300 miles.
Well, I'm 3 miles behind schedule, which is totally do-able! And training hasn't even started yet!
3. Train for and run a half marathon.
Official St. Jude training is about to start. It's time to get serious!

Spiritual1. Create a prayer board. Done!
2. Memorize scripture.
This could always use some work, but it's actually going pretty well.
3. Find a church home. Done!

So there you have it: my resolution update.
How are your New Year's Resolutions going?

No comments:

Post a Comment