Monday, August 17, 2015

Rest. Reflect. Restore.

So yeah, I didn't post all last week. Sorry about that. I got back from the beach and jumped right back into the work week- which was crazy busy and then I crashed every night when I got home from work and didn't ever get around to writing.

But I'm back now! The beach was amazing- as it always is!

Thursday after work, two girls met me at the house and we made the drive down. It was fairly uneventful, but we didn't get there until close to 2am so we crashed as soon as we got there.

Friday was a lazy day. We cooked breakfast and then headed down to the beach. We basically alternated between the beach and the pool all day- with a small break for lunch. It was great! Once the kids went to bed, we all cooked spaghetti for dinner. The guys had "man time" out on the balcony, while the girls sat around inside and hung out. We ended up talking about different personality types, which always intrigues me! But more on that later...



When we woke up on Saturday, we ate breakfast together and had some time of reflection. We talked about the imagery of the ocean in the Bible and how God can be compared to the ocean with His vast, infinite power. Then it was back to the beach/pool all day. People went up at different times, but I skipped lunch and stayed out in the sun! That night we all put on real clothes and went out to get seafood. It was delicious! Saturday was the birthday of one of the guys, so after dinner, we went back to the condo and had cake and ice cream. Then the people that weren't exhausted stayed up to watch a movie before bed.



On Sunday, most of the group decided to get up early and go for a sunrise walk on the beach. I love sunrises. They are good for the soul! When we headed back  to the condo, I took a nap on the balcony sleeping to the sound of the crashing waves, until it was time for breakfast. This morning, we all had a time of prayer. Corporate prayer is so important and always so beneficial, but something that I don't think is done enough so this was such a sweet time! But afterwards, it was time to pack up and get back on the road. Time to get back to work and back to reality.



It was a great trip! It was a good time of growing with friends and learning together, but it was also a great time of reflection for me. Through the devotion that I'm reading, the words of others, and just the time away, God really spoke to me exactly how I needed it- to the exact situation that I'm going through. It was the exact weekend that I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment