Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ten Things

No big story here. Just thought that I would update you on some of the randomness that is going on in my life.

1. I got upgraded! I had therapy last week and I got promoted. I now only have to go once a month.  When she suggested it, my first response was, "are you sure I've made that much progress?" But she assured me that I would be fine. I can always add more sessions if I need them, but for now I'm at once a month!

2. My brother has officially accepted a job in Seattle. He's moving in January! The company he works for is starting a new office in Seattle and he is one of the people chosen to move out there and start that office. I'm excited for him, but I'm going to miss him. And now I'm starting to think about moving...

3. Work is still crazy! I have 2 students this semester. They are both really sweet and I know that they will learn a lot, but right now it's slowing me down and I leave work every day exhausted because of talking all the time. The introvert in me needs a break!

4. Speaking of work, they are still discussing and figuring out all the schedule stuff and it looks like we aren't going to 7 on, 7 off in September. They are talking about possibly in October/November but we'll see. I'm worried that they will just keep putting it off and our schedule will never change. Sometimes I'm okay, and other times it is super frustrating and I wonder if I need to make some changes.

5. The other day, I was picking up dinner after work. I parked the car, got out, and looked for my key so I could lock the door. It was still in the ignition. With the car running. Oops!

6. Church has been good for me. Friendships are actually going really well and I feel like I'm finally getting closer to people. Sheesh! It takes me forever to open up! But I recently had an epiphany in the friendship department. It was huge! Things are changing...

7. I volunteered to host my small group in October- which means I'll also be sharing my testimony. Eek! I'm sure I'll bring it up again closer to time when I'm freaking out, but for now I'm trying to stay calm. And I conveniently planned to host it on the same day that I go to therapy. I'll need it!

8. I signed up for the St Jude half, forever ago. And then promptly began to do nothing. But it's time to actually start running again and pretending like I'm in shape enough to run 13 miles. I have a long way to go. I'm still at the point where every run is hard. I'm ready to feel like I'm in the groove again, but I know that it will take time. I'm not very patient.

9. I got mood colors on my nails, which means that they change with the temperature my mood. They are super fun and I have been spending way too much time looking at my hands/ playing in the water after I wash my hands. Water play makes me feel like a little kid again. Which makes me want a coloring book. I should go to amazon and check out an adult coloring book. I'm a little ADD sometimes...

10. It's official. Mutually decided upon and official. I feel like I've said that a lot, but I think it will really stick this time. And I'm excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment