Monday, June 29, 2015

Six Months

How the hell is this year already halfway over?! Seriously, where did the time go?

I am majorly failing at my New Year's Resolutions. I just went back and read my update from May and I'm pretty sure that I could just copy and paste that here. Oops!

Financial
1. Put $x in savings.
Nope. This is a failure. I have been horrible about putting money in savings, but I'm really focusing on paying off loans, so savings has moved to the back burner.
2. Pay off $y of loans.
Loans are still never-ending and still the bane of my existence! And I'm still behind. If I did the math right (and it's quite possible that I didn't), I am at about 38% of my goal, which means I am 12% behind. I am never going to catch up. But on a brighter note, I did pay off another loan last month. 2 more to go! Plus my car, which isn't too bad. So I am making progress. Just not as fast as I want to. 
3. $z monthly cash budget.
This isn't going too bad, actually.

Mental/Professional
1. Read 20 books.
I've read 14. And I am semi-reading 3 right now. I'm not great at reading multiple books at one time though so I may need to slow down and pick one to read before moving on the others. If you have any good book suggestions though, send them my way!
2. Attend a conference.
Went to New Orleans this month! You can read about it here.
3. Choose a research topic.
I think I have picked one. I'm still thinking about it. But (surprise, surprise) I heard a podcast about this topic and thought it was interesting and that some more research needed to be done on it, so I'm thinking about it. Now to just find the time...

Emotional/Personal
1. Travel.
I went to New Orleans this month. I think my Napa trip is getting pushed back to September, but it may still happen. And my dad is talking about going back to Costa Rica in September/October so I may tag along for a week of that trip!
2. Be a better friend.
Ha! This is only funny because of a disagreement I had with a friend. But in general, I am working on it. I am making plans and trying to meet new people and commit to doing things. Doing things is hard though! lol
3. Be selfish.
This is going... okay. Not great. But I am learning to work on me. And in the process, I am learning that my coping skills are at an all time low.

Physical
1. Work out 4 times a week.
I have failed miserably at this recently. I know it's an excuse, but I blame it on dog-sitting. My gym is literally across the street from my house- less than half a mile, but I wasn't really home for the entire month of June. After work, I felt like I had to go home and take care of the dog because she had either been inside for 10+ hours and needed to go out or had been outside in the heat all day and needed a break. After driving all the way there, I had zero desire to turn around and drive back to the gym. I did walk some with the dog, but definitely not like I should. But I'm back home now, so hopefully can get back to a good schedule!
2. Run 300 miles.
Another thing that I am slacking on BIG TIME. I just check the official report and I am 17 miles behind schedule- which is actually a lot better than I thought I was doing. I am running a 5K on Friday night so that will be a good kickstart to getting back on track!
3. Train for and run a half marathon.
Well, it's not going to be the destination run that I initially envisioned, but I did register for the St Jude Half in December. Now that I have actually signed up and paid my money, I should probably start training, huh?

Spiritual
1. Create a prayer board.
Finished! Check it out here. It is currently beside my bed, so I can see the requests and pray for them in the morning and at night.
2. Memorize scripture.
I am still using SheReadsTruth as my weekly scripture memory so it is going pretty well, although this could definitely be a whole lot better.
3. Find a church home.
I think I'm finished. At least for now. I wrote about it here.

So there you have it: my resolution update.
How are your New Year's Resolutions going?

No comments:

Post a Comment