Monday, June 1, 2015

Changes

No, it's not time for an official New Year's Resolution update, but I thought I would give a little update anyway. 

My number one priority when looking for a church was true, authentic community. If I found that, I only wanted to make sure that they preached the truth of the Bible. That was it. I wasn't looking for the greatest preacher that I connected with and loved their sermons. I honestly didn't care if I liked their preaching at all (as long as they were preaching Truth.) That makes it sound like I don't like this new church. I do. Thankfully. That's just not what I was ultimately looking for. I've had great preaching. I can get great preaching on a podcast any day. That's not enough to get to me to wake up early on Sunday. I wanted more.

So I visited a couple places and tried out some different classes. And I think I have found a church. I have at least found a church that I am committed to going to in the foreseeable future. I have been going to the Young Adults class. It is taught by a young married couple and they are great. We are talking about the Holy Spirit right now, which has been great. He often uses an intellectual approach to things which I appreciate. But he also gets to the heart of the topic. He asks open-ended, thought-provoking questions that allow us to open up and be vulnerable. And people are! I know I'm still working on it, but it still surprises me sometimes when people are just open and honest and say what they feel! But that allows us to actually open up and get to know each other on a real level.

There are some fun things planned for the summer, including some trips, which I am going to try to do so I can get to know people better and form deeper connections. I think that it will be good though. Another answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment