Monday, February 16, 2015

The V-Card

Well, it's February. I've officially blogged for an entire month consistently. I'm already off to a better start than most years. And we are now entering the month of love and cupid and hearts and candy. I'm trying not to be too bitter...

This weekend was Valentine's Day. I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day. Some years I love it; some years I just want to hide away until it's over. This year was just meh. I wanted to go to a class at the gym, but I overslept and then I never really got in a good rhythm of the day. I felt like I was tired all day and ended up taking an afternoon nap. I also binge-watched Gilmore Girls on Netflix (which makes me feel like I need to step up my coffee game. As if my usual 4 cups a day isn't enough...)

That night I had been invited to hang out with some girls. I wasn't super excited about it, but the girl hosting specifically said that I didn't have to get dressed up. I threw on some leggings, channeled my inner Leslie Knope (which I really should do more often), and headed out to a Galentine's celebration.

It was great! I am always a little bit pleasantly surprised by how much fun I have at these things. I don't know why. It's always the same thing every time. Girls nights are so needed! Everyone needs good female friends- Taylor Swift style!

And then I finished the weekend with some much needed retail therapy!


No comments:

Post a Comment