Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ladies Night

Whew! I finally made it through my New Year's resolutions. I thought I was never going to get through! So now on to the more fun things...

A few weeks ago, we celebrated Hillary's birthday which ended up being a lot more of an ordeal than I ever intended it to be. But it initially was a surprise party. Hillary apparently hates surprises so her mom told her about it so that she wouldn't be upset. Or freak out and cry and walk out or something. Once that I knew that she knew about it, we were able to talk about it and what she wanted and didn't want. It basically ended up being a surprise only for the hostess. Everyone else was in on it. Oh well!

Then there was the issue with our "reservation." The restaurant doesn't do reservations so I called an hour in advance to put our names on the list. Then they sat us in this lounge area thinking we were going to stay there the whole night. We ended up having drinks in the lounge and then finally being seated at a real table, but by that time everyone was hungry!

Aside from all that though (and the fact that it was a bar scene so it was loud and I felt like I was yelling all night), it was a really good night. I forget how much I miss fun times with girls just talking and laughing until I actually go out and do it. I need that more often. Hence the "be a better friend" resolution.
Hillary, I'm sad that I didn't get a picture with you but I know it was crazy! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were born. Thanks for sticking by me and listening to my venting and drama without judgment. I am so grateful for a friend like you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment