Monday, February 9, 2015

Always. No Matter What.

A friend of mine got engaged last week and I am so excited for her. I found out when she posted the picture on Instagram with the caption, "God is good. We are getting married."

Both of those things are true. So true and so good. I initially liked the picture and moved on. But later I started thinking about it, because that is what I do. I overanalyze everything to death. As I was thinking about her engagement and the caption, something pricked my heart. I thought about Jeannett and the #TeamJilly bracelets.


Yes, God is good through my friends engagement and I am so excited for her and want to rejoice with her. But God is also good in my singleness.

God is good when someone finds out she is pregnant with another baby without even trying. But He is also good in seasons of infertility. God is good when a couple finally gets a letter that all the adoption papers have been signed and they can meet their child after years of waiting. He is also good when a precious girl chooses adoption for her son and receives pictures from his adoptive parents to update her on how he is growing. God is good when you receive a clean bill of health. He is also good when you find out that the cancer is back and more aggressive than ever.

God is good. It's who He is. It is His character and it is not dependent on your circumstances or mine. God is good. Always. No matter what.




No comments:

Post a Comment