Friday, February 13, 2015

InstaFriday

Happy Friday the 13th!

If you read Life Rearranged (and you should, because Jeannett is my hero!), you know that she does a weekly Instagram roundup every Friday. I am not very good at social media. I go through stages of posting all the time and then forget about it for a while, so maybe this will force encourage me to be more regular about posting. And it makes me plug in my phone weekly and dump everything to my computer. Win-win.

I didn't post very much this week. Oops! But since this is my first InstaFriday, I can cheat the system and post things from the past few weeks. Ha!

Hardcore training session at 6am. It doesn't happen often. So when it does, I have to document it. I would love to get workouts done in the morning. It makes me feel so much more productive and like my day is going to be infinitely better. But the gym doesn't open until 6 so I can't usually go before work. I'm petitioning to get it opened earlier. Other people like to wake up when it's still dark and go to the gym, right?


"Throw kindness around like confetti!" I love Kid President. If you haven't watched his newest video, check it out here. Our look at the pep talk that got everyone's attention. He is awesome! And bursting with positivity. I randomly met his sister last summer. She was working at a food truck at the Tennessee Brewery and she's pretty awesome too!


Seriously. Does this even need an explanation?


I did the Winter Off Road Series a few years ago and it was so much fun so after I joined MRTC, I thought I would do it again. It is a 3K, 5K, 8K, and 10K. Each of them are 2-3 weeks apart. I missed the 3K because I had too much going on, but this was after the 5K. It's an off-road course and rained pretty much the entire time so it was muddy! But so much fun!


Do people realize what a gem Shelby Farms is? Seriously? Thousands of acres of green space in the middle of the city. Miles of running and biking trails tucked away between interstates. An oasis in the midst of chaos. This is one of my happy places. Leaving the park at sunset after a good run just makes me smile. This picture looks so peaceful. It's like the last bit of peace before you turn off and enter back into civilization. Le sigh.


"Someone is thinking of you right now..." I wonder who it is. If it's you, just fess up and let me know. I'm very intrigued. Ha!


The Winter Off Road 8K was this past weekend. It was not raining and not muddy, but still super fun. Lots of hills and dirt and tree trunks to watch out for. The 8K runs through Stanky Creek, which is... running through a creek. Steep hill down  across the creek and then back up the steep, muddy hill. There were people on the other side holding rope in case you need help getting back up the hill. But after the race, I got this sweet "I survived Stanky Creek" towel.

What did you do this week? Feel free to link up and join along in the fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment