Friday, February 20, 2015

InstaFriday

I'm back for another installment of InstaFriday. I am not very good at social media though, so this is now so much "Insta" Friday, but more like "look at the pictures I took throughout the week that I never actually posted. Oh well.


I know last week I talked about the hidden gem that is Shelby Farms, but here I go again. I was running the Chickasaw trail and turned a corner and started down a hill when I came face-to-face with 2 deer. They literally just stood and watched me. I had to stop running to take a  picture. Sadly, one of them ran away before I could get my phone out. And this picture isn't the best. I think that's part of my issue with posting pictures. The image I have in my head of turning the corner and being awed by these 2 beauties is nothing like the picture that I actually took. If only I could share my mental pictures...


This is the one and only picture I have from Galentine's Day. Notice I stayed posted up by the food.


We call my brother and his girlfriend "Gayla." It's their couple name. Because they are basically celebrities. I couldn't pass up sharing this picture.


Monday morning, I woke up to this. It may look pretty but don't be fooled. That's not snow, it's pure ice. I didn't even leave footprints when I walked to my car. Just slid across the top. I got into my car with an extra large cup of coffee to let it defrost before work and the doc that I was working with sent me a text that the census was low and there was no reason for us both to come in. She told me that I could stay home! She didn't have to tell me twice! I told her to let me know if it got busy and I would come in, but otherwise I would enjoy a 3-day weekend.


I went back in the house and curled up on the couch and watched the SNL 40 year reunion. So good! The unexpected day off was great. Although I would have loved to have been somewhat productive, I wasn't. Oops!


Tuesday, I ventured into work. This was my drive. Streets weren't bad. Schools were still out and a lot of businesses were still closed or opening late so there was no one on the street. And work wasn't super busy either. Win-win!


And it was Mardi Gras so we had King Cake in the office and I got the baby!! Six years of elementary school French and I never got the baby. I'm pretty sure that means that I have magical powers and will be lucky forever. Something like that...


I went to Kroger after work one day. Grocery shopping is a necessary evil. Some guy comes up and starts talking to me. He is a manager and says that he has seen me in there before. Our conversation starts off fairly innocent. And then he asks for my number so we can keep in touch (for semi legitimate reasons that I may talk about on here later). I reluctantly gave it to him. At that point, I was thinking that the conversation was getting too long. I had things to do. I have grocery shopping down to a fine art. I have my list that I make throughout the week as I run out of things or think of things I need. The list is in order of where things are in the store and I can grab things quickly and only go down the aisles where I know I need something. But alas, he was holding me up. Then before we ended the conversation, he said that we should hang out sometime. Umm... I'm pretty sure my response was "Umm. Yeah. Maybe." How am I supposed to respond to things like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment