Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 98: #ValentinesDay

You know what's funny... that if I had written this post last night like I originally intended, it would have been a totally different post. Seriously, how does that happen?! "You, sneaky God!" ;)

Anyway, let me just give you a little insight into me. I am a total sap. For. Real. When I made my schedule at work, I requested Valentine's Day and the day after off. Why? Because I could. I made the schedule knowing full well that I wouldn't be dating anyone-that I would have no plans for the day, but it was Valentine's Day and I'm a hopeless romantic and I didn't want to be at work! More insight: I am the ultimate girly girl! Now, I'm all for the occasional sporadic dance in the rain (I'm for the occasional sporadic dancing of any kind) and running through the mud...why not? But in general, I am all girl! While moving, a friend told me I had a lot of nice dresses. Which I interpreted to mean that I have a lot of dresses. If you watch New Girl, imagine this being said in the same tone as, "Jess, you rock a lot of polka dots!" :) In the summer, I would much rather throw on a sundress and wedges to run errands or get groceries than a pair of shorts. Yep, total girl! Enjoy this... I may or may not dance around my room to it sometimes...



So back to Valentine's Day. Yesterday just may have been my best Valentine's Day to date. And you know why? Zero expectations! I didn't have to wonder what I was going to do or if anyone was going to ask me out or if I was going to do something fun. I could just be me. And it was great! I woke up, found a great love song station on Pandora, and went out to Shelby Farms for a run. Then I came home, showered and got ready/danced around my room and sang into my brush like a microphone for far longer than I should have. When I got to Jamie's, she looked at me and said, "why are you dressed up? And you have on makeup!" My response: it's Valentine's Day! (Self-proclaimed hopeless romantic!) So we went to see the fabulous Heather and then went and got Valentine's manicures because it wouldn't be Valentine's Day without some pampering. Then it was home for Pei Wei and a movie. Because nothing says "I'm alone on a holiday" better than Chinese food! Ha! The night ended with an unplanned game of telestrations (pictures to come...) Then, I came home to a dozens roses on my bed! They were from a secret admirer. Or my dad. Either one. My dad is pretty awesome. Dear future husband, big shoes to fill.

Well, after all that I don't even want to write about today. And it has gotten much better. Just started out with me speaking some truth to myself this morning! Always needed. Maybe I'll write about it later. Maybe not. I am loved!

1 comment:

  1. "Because nothing says 'I'm alone on a holiday' better than Chinese food! Ha!" :):):):)

    ReplyDelete