Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 95: Catch Up

So I haven't written in a few days. Here's what I've been up to:

- I celebrated my halfway point. Three months in! And by "celebrated" I mean that I didn't actually do anything. (Except for sing "Livin' on a Prayer") But I am halfway through. Crazy! Although I don't know if that's really accurate since I wouldn't say that I really stopped dating 3 months ago. It was more like a gradual weaning off process. But I can say that I am not currently dating and I feel really good about it.

- I won a bet. The resident didn't ask me out. (My first thought just now was "El doctor") Which was good because I didn't have to say no. And I won $20. Another positive. My coworker did say later that she felt bad because she felt the bet was distracting me from the whole reason I was doing this in the first place. I appreciate the thought, but let's be honest... cute resident on the floor. I was thinking about dating him whether we made the bet or not. Oops! But don't worry. He'll be back on the floor in May. Dear God, guard my thoughts. Change my heart.

- I moved. Super last minute. I was about to leave work on Wednesday night. Tired. Ready to get something to eat and go to bed so I could wake up crazy early the next day and I get a call from my mom. Long story (I can tell you in person if you want to know) but my roommate had been in the hospital. My mom told me that she was coming home the next day and so I was going to move in with my cousin that night. So after a minor freak out/stressed out/panic attack, I sent out a few texts and asked people to pray for my roommate. The first response I got said, "I can come help." So I left work, cried on the way home, and got home ready to pack. I tweeted for help and got 2 guys to come help and the 4 of us packed up my stuff and loaded it into cars. Then we stopped, huddled together, linked arms, and prayed. While I cried. And then we moved everything over to my cousins. I am so grateful for their willingness to help. And to speak truth into my life. And to trust in the Lord. And just for who they are!

- I said no. Yep, that's right. I got asked out on my first date since I started this whole process. And I got to say, "Thanks, but no thanks." Well, I actually said, "Thanks, but I'm actually taking a break from dating right now." But it kinda felt good. I felt like I was actually doing this for a reason. And then all the reasons came flooding back to me and I realized what I really need to do to get the most from this experience. But I don't know how to do it. I'll be talking through that with the girls tonight!

- I realized that God is big! Okay, I already knew that but this week I was reminded yet again. God is so much bigger than my problems and the things that are going on in my world. In the midst of heartache, this was such a sweet reminder!

And finally, I leave you with this. Because, well, I love it! Isn't this so true...

No comments:

Post a Comment