Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 102: A Moment

First of all, how is it already day 102? #censored

B. Today was a weird day. I was in a funk yesterday. I went to the Memphis game with my dad and then came home, put my pajamas back on, and stayed in the bed for the rest of the day. Yep, it was one of those days! And then it rolled over into this morning. Blah!

And then I walked into church. And I'm pretty sure that Bryan was talking directly to me. You can listen to the sermon here. But seriously. So. Convicting. So I left feeling a combination of completely and utterly loved and frustrated with myself for my actions. And my thoughts. And my heart. So then I went to Panera in an attempt to force myself out of the house so that I didn't end up in bed all day... again. Panera time was good as usual. It was a sweet time alone and a time of good reflection. I needed it. And then there was the phone call. And that's all that I'm going to say about that.

I left and ran by the bookstore to pick up the book Respectable Sins. I'm excited about starting it, but also nervous about it. I know that it's going to open up a lot of wounds and shed light on a lot of issues, but I'm ready to face them... I think. On another note, I love the smell of bookstores! Such a comforting smell. So warm and inviting. Then it was time for my Sunday night Bible study. Honestly, I didn't feel like going. My head was swarming. And the phone call didn't help that. But I had the CD so I didn't really have a choice. So I went. And it was fine. But my mind was still racing and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Then it happened. I had a "you sneaky God" moment. A 1 Corinthians 10:13 moment. I got a text. A text that conveniently called me away from the group. A text that allowed me to leave and celebrate God's goodness. I was so encouraged! And reminded of how fervently God loves me and how He protects me. I hope to one day be over this. To be past all this and to move on. I hope that one day I can face this test head on and pass with flying colors. But until then, I am so grateful that I worship a God that knows my temptations and how much I can handle. He carefully protected me tonight! So thankful for sweet reminders of His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment