Thursday, July 27, 2017

Capping off Thirty

Another year is coming to an end. Time is seriously flying by! It's hard to believe that 30 is almost over.

I wanted to write a post recapping 30 and what I have learned this year, but I don't even really know where to start. If I had to sum it up, I would say that 30 was the year of not giving a damn. I felt like I was more easily able to do what I wanted and not care about what other people thought. Not in a selfish way, just that I didn't have to live up to anyone's expectations or fit into someone's idea about who I should be and what I should do. It was pretty freeing in some ways.

So what happened this year... I was at the beach for my birthday and initially had mixed feelings about it, but ended up having a really good time. I went to New York with my best friend from college in September. It was a great time to just catch up with her, but I also decided (almost immediately) that I want to move to New York. That is still in the works. I'll post more about it soon.
I hit a mountain-sized bump in the road, but recovered more healthily than I have in the past and then got a tattoo to remember it and remember what God has done in my life. Then I nervously graduated from therapy...

I hosted Thanksgiving at my new house and then brought Molly home! I started running again more regularly and then took a much needed beach break. I continued to want to move to Manhattan, but talked about some of my concerns.

We celebrated my mom's birthday and then I started Whole 30. I built relationships with new friends and said goodbye to others. And then the year ended just like it started... with a trip to the beach!

Overall it was a good year. It was a year of change and growth. It was a year of continuing to learn about how I am and who God has called me to be. And I still have a long way to go! But I'm looking forward to the next year and what it has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment