Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Triple X

Well, I'm super late with this post. Surprise, surprise! But I turned 30... over a month ago. One of my friends sent me this in a text:


Hence the post title- and theme for the year.

So, for my actual birthday, I was at the beach. It wasn't actually a birthday trip. It just happened to fall that weekend. I vacillated for a few weeks if I even wanted to go on the trip. It was to Gulf Shores (I'm a beach snob) and it was a lot of people in a small space. I decided 2 or 3 days before to just suck it up and go. It turned out to be fun and a relaxing time away, so I'm glad I went.


The whole crew after dinner out on my actual birthday. They did an affirmation circle where they went around the table and said nice things about me. So sweet!





People always jokingly ask on birthdays if you feel older. I think that's dumb and I don't feel any older than I did the day before, but for some reason thirty does feel different. I know that there are other contributing factors besides just a number, but my attitude just feels different. I can't really pinpoint it. Some things just don't matter anymore. Maybe my priorities are changing. Maybe I'm just growing up...

As far as my 30-by-30... I failed miserably. But I'm still going! I decided to make it more of a 30-in-30 so that way it technically still counts. I'm going to New York this week and we already have reservations at a Michelin star restaurant. My mouth is already watering just thinking about it. I can't wait! I'll write all about that when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment