Thursday, April 27, 2017

Moving to Manhattan

Megan and I went to New York last September and it was magical! It wasn't my first time, but something about the city stayed with me. While we were there, I would look at little brownstone apartments and think that I could live there, but I do that a lot when I go visit other places. The difference is that this feeling stayed with me after I returned home. I envision life in New York and what it would be like to be there everyday. Then I started to think about what it would realistically take to move there...

There are plenty of reasons not to: I just bought a house a year ago. I have a dog that is going to be 100+ pounds of beast taking up space. Cost of living is ridiculous. Seriously, I would most likely be leaving my 2,000 square foot home for a 700 square foot studio, walk up apartment.

But I'm still considering it.

I have felt unsettled recently and haven't known why. I have felt as if God is stirring something, preparing me for a change. I just didn't know what it was. Maybe this is it. I've talked about not being 100% content at work and my last straw with church. Is God telling me that now is the time to go? I'm single and have no major attachments, so if I don't go now, I may not be able to later.

I'm still praying about it, and trying to do my research, but in my mind- I'm moving to Manhattan. Right now my plan is to go short-term- maybe 3 or 4 years- and to rent my house out while I'm gone. I have casually started looking for jobs, just to see what is available, but I have been told not to look for housing until 30-45 days before I'm ready to move in because everything goes so fast. I do follow Snaplistings and PerfectStrangers on Snapchat though. :)

So that's my very vague, not fully thought out, imagined plan. We'll see how it plays out. I have a lot more researching to do before it becomes a reality. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on what's going on!

What do you think? Am I totally crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment