Monday, February 27, 2017

30 x 30: Be Content

Well, I was initially planning to save this one for the end. It was going to be the last of the 30 and I was going to talk about zen I was and we were all going to sit around and sing Kumbaya together.

But the more I thought about it, I realized that I am content now so why not go ahead and write about it?! When I put this on the list, I thought it was a stretch. Sure, there are times when I have been really happy, but contentment is on a whole different level. And yet, here I am!

I recently talked about my contentment with singleness. And I stand by that 100%. I also feel like that was the one area of my life that had previously been the most unsettled. Now I feel like pretty much every other area of my life is unsettled! Ha! Church is meh right now. (There is a post coming, I promise!) Work is super busy and stressful and I have thought about doing something totally different. Maybe I should look back in to law school... ;) I would love to drop everything and move to New York and have an adventure for a few years.

But in the midst of all that, I still feel very content this season of life. I feel a peace about where I am right now. That being said, I've talked about my mission a little bit lately and I definitely feel God stirring up something. So while I at peace with where I am now, I am also certain that I will not be here or being doing this forever. I don't know what's next. I don't know if I stay in Memphis in my current job, or move to Manhattan for law school, or anything in between. But I do know that I'm satisfied with where I am right now and confident that God is going to work through this season until He shows me where to go next!

No comments:

Post a Comment