Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter

I was in Nashville this weekend for Easter to spend time with my sister and her family. It was nice. The weather was perfect! Saturday afternoon, we sat outside and drank wine while the girls jumped on the trampoline and the three dogs ran around playing. Saturday night, we grilled Salmon with Brussels sprouts and asparagus. So good! That night, my sister and I started watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I'm very intrigued. I still have a lot more to watch, but I really like it so far.

Sunday morning, we kind of all split up for church- because that is what my family does. Maybe more on this later... After church, the girls dyed some eggs and then got ready to go to an Easter egg hunt. My sister and her husband have been going to a friend's house for Easter lunch for a few years now (apparently. I was unaware of this before Saturday.) So we all headed over to their friends' house and ate lunch and met some new people... Then all the moms took the kids to the front yard to play and take pictures and each dad took a bag full of eggs to hide in the backyard. The mother at the house had filled 1,000 Easter eggs over the course of a few days so the kids were all very excited about hunting.

About this time was our cue to leave. We said goodbye to my sister and her family and my parents and I went back to her house to pick up the pups. I loaded up my car, hoisted Molly in (because my 70 pound puppy pretends like she can't get in the car on her own...), and got on the road back to Memphis. All-in-all it was a good trip. But I am reminded, yet again, that I am such a homebody. I had a good time while I was there, but I never feel like trips are super relaxing. Molly didn't eat well- or sleep well. They have things around their house and kids and small toys and I feel like I have to watch Molly all the time. Or keep her in the mud room and then I just feel bad. Then I get home and have to unpack and do laundry and mind decompress and mentally prepare to go back to work the next day.

It was a good trip, but Molly and I were both worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment