Thursday, April 6, 2017

Camp Days

While I was off enjoying the beach, my precious angel was off at camp. Molly stayed at Camp Bow Wow while I was gone. I've had a few people ask me about it, so here are my thoughts... it's more expensive than just boarding her, but she gets to play all day and socialize with other dogs so I felt like it was worth it. The day schedule is similar to what she was used to doing at daycare so it was an easy transition. The dogs are divided up by size and get to play all day minus a 2-hour nap time in the middle of the day.

I packed up her food (and a toy or 2) and dropped her off on Wednesday before I picked up my mom.


Overall, it was alright. Definitely better than boarding her, but still not my favorite. I love her daycare! They are awesome and seem to genuinely care about all the dogs. It's not that Bow Wow doesn't like dogs, but it's a franchise and felt a little too corporate. They didn't know people by name. Not that I expected them to remember me after just one time (even though they did at Dogs Rule), but they also didn't know the people there for daycare. They had to ask everyone that walked in who they were picking up. At Dogs Rule, they are always excited to see Molly and greet her by name. And when my car pulls up at the end of the day, they know it's me and start getting Molly ready.

Another thing that I didn't love about Bow Wow is that they keep the dogs collars on during playtime. I know that's not a major thing, but it can be dangerous with all the dogs playing. Molly very rarely wears her collar. She wears her harness for walks and her collar during transport to and from daycare or if we go out somewhere, but she never wears it at home. I'm sure wearing it nonstop for a few days was quite an adjustment for her!

But the thing that I did love about Bow Wow... the camper cam! They have webcams in the playrooms so I was able to check in on Molly throughout the day. It was so fun to get to peek in on her and see her playing with the other dogs.


True to form, though, if there was a human around, she went straight to them. She loves to play, but she will choose people over dogs 100% of the time!


I also paid extra for her to get a bath and nail trim on Sunday. She is not a fan of baths, so it was nice to have someone else do it instead of me! I definitely missed her and was excited to pick her up on Sunday when I got back in town. She's my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment