Monday, December 5, 2016

Molly the Mini

If you follow me on any social media, then you already know but... I got a dog! I have wanted a great dane for as long as I can remember, but it has never been the right time or I haven't been in the right place. Now I have a house and space and a yard and no reason not to do it (minus the time...)

I looked for a while and found one in Johnson City that I immediately fell in love with her pictures. I called the owners and arranged a time to meet and pick her up. My mom and I drove to Nashville on Saturday to hang out with my sister and her family and then left Sunday morning to drive to Knoxville and get Molly. She is absolutely adorable and slept in my mom's lap the whole drive back. We stopped in Nashville again on the way home because my nieces were dying to meet her. I think she was a little overwhelmed by it all, but overall did great. Then we drove the rest of the way back home.


I took the week off for bonding (and a training bootcamp) and so far it has been lots of sleeping! I'm trying to get her on a good schedule and get her crate trained and house broken before I go back to work next week. Wish me luck!

She's tiny! The owner told me she was 9 weeks, but the vet thinks that it might be closer to 6- or she's just the runt! We are waiting until her adult teeth come in to know for sure. Her mom was 130 lbs and her dad was 150 lbs. She's about 10 lbs right now so she has a lot of growing to do!


I can't wait to see how much she is going to grow and transform. I already feel like her paws have gotten bigger and I can't help but laugh anytime she runs because she looks so clumsy! It's going to be such a fun adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment