Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 155: Texts From Last Night

Today at work I had the back of the hall. I haven't had the back in a while, but it was kind of nice. It's sort of in its own cubby hole so I was away from everyone. I was able to hide in a corner most of the day and still see all of my patient's room. Hiding in the corner also meant some much needed worship, Pandora style. And some about 2 hours of gchat with Megan (not all at once. This was in between meds and dressing changes and checking on patients). I am so thankful for her and for our friendship! It was much needed venting and therapy and filling her in on the 33 texts that I sent her last night. Oops!
But she listened and she asked the right questions and she made me get down to the root of the emotions and the issues and she listened to me overshare most of the time. She puts up with a lot of my word vomit. Sorry, Meggie!

I also took a lunch break today. It was the first time all week that I've gone to lunch but it was very much needed. Not to eat. Just to sit. By myself. And think. And get my act together. And it worked wonders. I came back from lunch feeling so much better and was actually able to interact with my coworkers.

There was a time when I just wanted to go home and cuddle up with a movie. (It's times like that when God reminds me exactly why I'm doing this challenge) But by the time it was actually time to come home, things were so much better!

And then Megan called me on the way home to chat. Because 2 hours of talking didn't even scratch the surface. There were 33 texts full of exploits and expletives. I wish I could say that I just put that for dramatic effect, but it's 100% true. Like I said, she puts up with A. LOT. She is definitely in my life for a reason and she is a fabulous Barnabas!

Today the past 24 36 hours have been filled with lots of ups and downs, but they have also been sweet times to turn to Jesus. Nothing like sitting at a computer, listening to Tenth Avenue North, and crying at work to put things into perspective.

There really isn't a good ending to all this. I mean there is. I've learned a lot. But nothing that I'm going to write about here for multiple reasons. Just being cautious. But if you want to know, just ask. I would love to talk about what God's doing in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment