Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 152: Just Friends

"You know that means that we'll never talk again." He asked why and I responded that girls and guys can't be friends.

We were silent for a split second and then we both started to laugh. Because of the irony of it all. And because we knew that it was true.

Girls and guys can't be friends. At least I can't. But maybe that's not true. This challenge has been about changing my paradigm. And that includes changing what friendships look like. And I'm okay with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hurt by the friendship(s) that ended as soon as I started the challenge, but I also recognize that friendships change. They evolve and that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. I think that guys and girls can be friends. I just think that its a lot harder and that most of us aren't willing to put forth the effort. This is by no means to discount your current feelings. I, too, at one time felt I could never be friends with a guy. I think that all changed for me when I began to realize I am supposed to guard my heart and really learned what it looked like. In addition, it is important to guard the guys heart too. Though, he is fully responsible for first and foremost guarding his own. Tangible ways I try and guard guys hearts is to watch what i wear. also not talking to them late at night, because i know that temptation to sin happens more frequently later in the evening. Also, I think it is important to not rob them of their masculinity. What I mean by that is they are called to be initiators. We are simply the responders. I am not saying it is wrong for a woman to initiate but i think it is bad for her to initiate ALL the time. This post isn't me correcting you, its simply sharing what Ive been learning through a situation with a guy i grew to love in a short 7 months, that i think doesn't have the same feelings. It sucks. and honestly, i wouldn't be in this boat right now if i had simply guarded my heart. God is using this situation to grow me in ways like never before. Praying for you Jillian. :) <3

    ReplyDelete