Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 150: Looking Back

...on the memory of the dance we shared 'neath the stars above. For a moment all the world was right. How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye...

Garth Brooks, anyone?

So, yeah, this post has nothing to do with that song. Or with dancing. But it is about looking back and, well, that's just where my mind went. Earlier today, being sappy nostalgic, I watched Water for Elephants- just like I did a year ago. And then I sat and reminisced about how things have changed over the past year.
This time last year (as in this exact moment almost), I was "playing the Easter bunny." And the only person that would get that joke doesn't read this blog, but suffice it to say, foolish decisions were made by all.

And then Easter day came and it was full of friendship and naivety. Or maybe it was just denial. But either way, it was a simpler time. And sometimes I wish I could go back to that time. Back to a movie theater with friends where we could enjoy a show without a care in the world. Back to a time before everything changed.

But then I remind myself of the other changes that have happened since that time. Friendships that have left or changed, but also friendships that have grown and blossomed. Relationships that I have put behind me and moved on from. Relationships that have been restored. The growth and healing of my heart that has happened and is continuing to happen daily. The stretching that I'm going through. The learning and recommitment.

And so I wouldn't go back. And I wouldn't trade this past year. Because like it says in the movie, "Life is the most spectacular show on Earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment