Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 130: The End is Near


When I first started this challenge, six months seemed like forever long away. But now it's getting close. Even last Thursday I was telling my growth group that I didn't know if I was ready for it to be over (Funny, I never thought I would ever be the one to say that!) And then Thursday night... And I freaked out! What if nothing is different? What if I haven't changed or grown at all? What if things go right back to how they were before I started this? I know that I needed this time away from everything to process things, but sometimes I feel like I've been running away and avoiding everything and when this is over I'm afraid that I'm going to have to face this head on. And what if I'm not ready?

Last night, a friend reminded me that I have two months left (52 days to be exact) and all the what-ifs ran through my head again. And then you get the calculating me that tries to carry on a conversation while in my mind, I'm totally freaking about about dating.

*While I'm typing this, I'm thinking about how much things have changed. How much I have changed. The fact that I am even freaking out about dating shows how much I've changed. But I'm just nervous. About everything. 

So my prayer, as it has been for months now, is for peace. A lot can happen in two months and I'm trusting that God will continue to teach me things and draw me closer to Him through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment