Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 128: Calculating

They asked me a question. My mind goes crazy thinking of hundreds of things. And then I try to filter through everything to get to all the necessary things that would answer the question. And then I try to filter things down even more to what I actually want to say. To find the exact words that will express what I'm thinking and feeling without giving too much away.

And then comes the next questions that usually follow: What are you not telling us? What are you trying to hide?

And sometimes I wish I didn't think so much. I wish someone would ask me something and I could just immediately answer and not worry about what I'm going to say. Or what they're going to think. Or how they're going to respond.

But I can't help it. I feel like every sentence-every response- is calculated and I hate it. It makes me feel like I haven't  grown at all. And I'm working on it, but it's a long, slow process!

No comments:

Post a Comment